“Welcome to Graduate School of Interdisciplinary Management, UNIST ”
Welcome to the Graduate School of Interdisciplinary Management (GSIM), Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST). GSIM was established in 2012 with an aim of educating students management of technology. We are now living in the era of creative economy where technology is converging with other high technologies and/or disciplines. This combination of well-rounded technological skills and business management principles is becoming a must, not a choice. It is GSIM’s mission to help shape you into such effective and marketable business executives with the understanding of technology someone who can manage people and organizations through this era’s need for constant technological change and innovation. Our program specializes in the area of energy commodity trading and financial engineering (ECTFE), business analytics(Biztics) and E&I(Entrepreneurship & Innovation) program. At GSIM, you will be exposed to proven curricular and faculty members who are well-connected with industries of Ulsan, the industrial capital city of Korea with world top class companies in automobile, shipbuilding and refinery industries such as Hyundai Heavy Industries, and Hyundai Automobile, SK and S-Oil Companies. In particular, our ECTFE program is making a great contribution to building North East Asia Oil Hub in Ulsan. We’re not the largest school of interdisciplinary management, but I can assure you that GSIM is a school that commits it self to real knowledge. If you are a person who wants to become a leader with entrepreneurial spirits of change and innovation, I encourage you to come to GSIM and learn more about it.
I look forward to seeing you at GSIM.
- Professor, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST), 2013 ~ Present – Head of School of Business Administration – Dean of Graduate School of Interdisciplinary Management
- Professor, Graduate School of Business, KAIST, 2000 ~ 2013
- Dean, Graduate School of Finance and Accounting, 2007 ~ 2009
- Division Head, Finance and Accounting area, 2003 ~ 2005
- Associate Professor, Texas Christian University, U.S.A., 1991 ~ 2000
- Assistant Professor, Baruch College of City University of New York, U.S.A., 1987 ~ 1991